Friday, November 27, 2015

The Night Before Review

After the let down and depressing feel of Mockingjay Part 2 I decided to cheer myself up by watching the Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon Levitt comedy The Night Before. And for me, it was okay. I'm not going to say this is a future holiday classic but I will say that it could be a cult favorite among stoner comedy lovers and casual viewers. The story is about 3 friends going out for one last Christmas party as one of the friends is about to have a baby and the other is having a career comeback as a football player. For their last holiday bash, Levitt decides to go to the holiday party they have been searching for, The Nutcracker Ball. From there the characters get into all sorts of hijinks and each of them learn a lesson.

Only time will tell if the humor in the film holds up with classics like Blazing Saddles or Ghostbusters. While it may not reach the acclaim those films have, for the genre of stoner comedy and heartwarming holiday comedies, it is a welcome addition. Seth Rogen does his job of being the goofy friend and as stated before I have yet to find a reason not to enjoy a Joseph Gordon Levitt performance.

Overall, The Night Before is decent holiday comedy with some good performances from actors I enjoy.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment